Employment Lawyer Whitby
Nadi Law is an employment law firm located in Whitby, ON serving both employees and business owners in the Durham Region and the surrounding areas. No matter what type of employment legal issue you may have, trust the experience and expertise of the Whitby employment lawyers at Nadi Law!
Our office is conveniently located at 105 Consumers Drive – Unit 2, Whitby, ON. We have served both employees and business owners in Whitby and the Durham region with their employment-related legal issues for many years. Feel free to set up a consultation at our local office or through videoconferencing!
Our Team of Lawyers in Whitby
All of the lawyers at Nadi Law were educated and trained right here in Ontario. We have been practicing law for over a decade and pride ourselves in the level of legal excellence and service we have provided to the Whitby and Durham community over the years. Therefore, if you are looking for lawyers in Whitby, feel confident that our office can help.
Employment Cases Our Lawyers Handle in Whitby
In terms of the types of employment legal issues our office handles, the following list provides some examples:
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Please note wrongful dismissal may be an issue any time there is termination of employment. Therefore, whether you are a business owner looking to terminate an employee, or you are an employee who has already been or believes they will be terminated, please contact an employment lawyer in Whitby today to ensure you take the right steps right away to protect your interests!
- Severance Package negotiation / review
- Human Rights Violations at the workplace
- Employment contract review / drafting
- Constructive Dismissal
- Complaints pursuant to the Employment Standards Act
- Complaints pursuant to the Canada Labour Code
- Complaints pursuant to the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Professional misconduct / Academic misconduct hearings
- And many more…
Secure Strong Legal Representation with Employment Lawyers in Whitby
No matter the employment related legal issue you are facing, feel confident that one of our Whitby employment attorneys can help! Whether you are an employee who is looking for us to negotiate a larger severance package, or you are a business owner who needs a lawyer to defend your business against a lawsuit from a former employee, Nadi Law can help.
In our heart, we are a team of litigation lawyers. This means that if your matter needs to go to trial in the Superior Court of Justice or before a tribunal, we are fully capable of fiercely arguing your case and representing your interests in court
Hire Top-Rated Employment Attorneys in Whitby
The team at Nadi Law fully understands that not everyone is looking to go through lengthy and costly litigation. Perhaps you are simply looking for an experienced employment attorney in Whitby to negotiate an amicable settlement of your matter with the opposing side. Rest assured that our team is expert in negotiation. We have settled a countless number of matters for our past clients! In fact, most of our employment cases do settle. However, if settlement is not possible, you have the luxury of a team of lawyers who are always ready to go to court on your behalf.
When hiring Nadi Law for your representation, please note that you are in fact hiring a “team” of lawyers. We work together and collaborate on each of our files. Therefore, you will have your own team of lawyers working diligently on your behalf advocating for your interests in order to obtain the most favourable outcome possible.
So if you are looking for an employment lawyer in Whitby, please contact Nadi Law today at (905) 668-9422.
Frequently Asked Questions
The list includes, but not limited to –
- Trust and pension issues
- Breach of contract
- Employment Contracts
- Harassment/Bullying at Work
- Constructive Dismissal
- Discrimination at Work
- Unfair Dismissal Claims
- Maternity and Paternity
- Sick Pay
- Equal Pay Disputes
- Tribunal Claims
- Settlement Agreements for employees/employers
Contact us for more information.
If you are experiencing bullying or harassment in the workplace, we can assist you in several ways:
Step 1: Evaluate your situation
Step 2: Provide legal advice
Step 3: Negotiate on your behalf
Step 4: Represent you in court
Step 5: Protect you from retaliation
Overall, we as an employment lawyer in Whitby can help you understand your legal options, protect your rights, and seek compensation for the harm caused by bullying or harassment in the workplace.
No. It is unlawful for your employer to terminate you as retaliation for reporting discrimination.
If you suspect that you were fired due to making a complaint or reporting discrimination, contact our employment lawyer in Whitby for assistance. We offer a confidential and complimentary case evaluation to help you understand your legal options.
Age discrimination in the workplace can manifest in various ways like –
- the termination or offering of buyouts to older workers while younger employees are being hired.
- When an older worker is subjected to repeated mistreatment or given less desirable tasks, potentially to force them to resign or be replaced.
- Supervisors making inappropriate comments or asking harassing questions about retirement plans.
If you suspect that you are a victim of age discrimination in the workplace, it is essential to contact an employment lawyer in Whitby for help!