Employment Lawyer Ajax
If you are an employee or business owner in Ajax, ON looking for an employment lawyer Ajax, contact Nadi Law today! Our office consists of a group of experienced Ajax lawyers who have served both employees and businesses in Ajax and the surrounding Durham Region for many years. We offer consultations both in person in our local office or through video conferencing. Our experienced Ajax based employment lawyers are here to help so get in touch with our office to see if we can assist.
Our office consists of a team of employment lawyers in Ajax with extensive experience representing clients at all levels of courts and tribunals across Ontario.
We assist our clients with a wide variety of employment related legal issues. Some examples of common issues we deal with on a regular basis include:
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Regardless of whether a termination is for just cause or not, anytime an employee is terminated or let go, wrongful dismissal may potentially be an issue. It is important to contact an employment lawyer as soon as possible anytime termination is a possibility to ensure your interests are protected
- Severance Package review & negotiation
- If you are an employee and need a review of your current termination or severance package offer, please contact our office and speak with an Ajax based employment lawyer Do not sign any paperwork before we have the opportunity to review your offer to ensure it is consistent with your proper entitlements under the law in Ontario
- Human Rights complaints within the workplace
- Complaints under the Employment Standards Act
- Complaints under the Canada Labour Code
- Complaints under the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Breach of non-compete / non-solicit clauses
- Drafting and review of employment contracts
- Constructive Dismissal
- Professional misconduct hearings / Academic misconduct hearings
The above is a non-exhaustive list of some of the types of issues we often encounter. Feel free to contact our office with your employment issue and speak with an employment lawyer Ajax today to see if our office can assist!
In our heart, we are a team of litigation ajax lawyers. That means if we need to fight your case at any level of court, we are always prepared to do so. We have represented clients before the Superior Court of Justice, the Human Rights Tribunal, the Canadian Industrial Relations Board, and many other tribunals and professional regulatory bodies. Therefore, if you need an Ajax based employment lawyer to argue your case in any type of hearing, we are always prepared to assist.
However, our team also understands that many clients prefer avoiding a long and drawn-out court proceeding. They may prefer simply having experienced employment lawyers in Ajax who can advise them of their entitlements and negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement for them. Rest assured that our team also has significant experience negotiating amicable settlements for our clients. In fact, most of our employment cases settle.
However, a settlement is not always possible. Therefore, having a team of employment attorneys who are always ready to proceed to litigation can be incredibly important. In fact, it can actually sometimes help with working out a settlement. This is because the other side knows you are serious!
We are also truly a “team” of lawyers who will work diligently on your behalf. We collaborate on each one of our files so you truly will have a team of intellectual legal minds working hard on your behalf to ensure we achieve the best possible outcome in your matter.
Please contact Nadi Law today and speak with experienced employment lawyers in Ajax ! You can reach us at (905) 668-9422.
Frequently Asked Questions
We handle various types of employment law matters including but not limited to:
- Wrongful Dismissal
- Severance packages
- Employment contracts
- Employment Standards Act issues and complaints
- Non-solicitation clauses
- Non-compete Agreements
- Constructive Dismissal
- Human Rights violations at the workplace
The Ontario Human Rights Code prohibits discrimination on the basis of factors such as-
- Marriage/Civil partnership
- Sexual orientation
If you believe that you’ve been treated badly because of any of the above, contact our employment team for assistance.
We have a team of litigation Ajax lawyers who can fight for various cases at once in any level of court.
Dial (905)-668-9422 for more information.
It depends! If your case is filed in the court, it will probably become a publicly accessible record, enabling anyone to review the specifics of your claim. In some instances, you may be able to request that the court seal the records, preventing it from becoming a public record.
However, if you and your employer settle your case outside of court before filing a formal complaint, it is improbable that it will be documented as part of the public record.