Being charged with a criminal offence can have a dramatic impact on your life. Getting arrested, handcuffed and questioned by police can be quite traumatic. Unfortunately, the experience does not get any easier once you are required to defend yourself against the charges in court.
You are presumed innocent until proven guilty at trial. However, it can take months or years until a trial is completed. During that time, you will have to deal with a sophisticated system designed to overwhelm the average person. There will be crown attorneys, justice of the peace’s and judges who are all part of a system designed to allow you the opportunity to defend yourself, without explaining how.
This is why having an experienced defence attorney on your side is an invaluable asset. The criminal process can be long and drawn out. There are many stages of proceedings, each getting more complicated after the next. There are bail hearings, set dates, crown pretrials, judicial pretrials, preliminary inquiries, pretrial motions and the eventual trial. Adib Nadi has extensive experience at each of the various stages of proceedings. He has conducted well over 100 contested trials. His experience includes representing clients in a vast array of charges including:
- Drunk Driving, Drinking and Driving offences (DUI, Over 80, Impaired, Refuse)
- Assault, Assault with a Weapon, Assault Causing Bodily Harm, Aggravated Assault
- Sexual Assault, Breach of Trust Sexual Assault
- Fraud, Theft, Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
- Break & Enter, Robbery, Robbery with a Firearm
- Fail to Comply, Fail to Appear
- Manslaughter, Murder
- Weapons Offences
Adib works with each of his clients diligently, ensuring each of their concerns are addressed while the charges are pending. He attends court on behalf of his clients, limiting the interruption the ongoing court appearances may have in the daily life of each of his clients. Through his strong communication and interpersonal skills, he develops a rapport with each of his clients, and works endlessly to ensure the criminal charge they face does not negatively impact the brightness of their future.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our experienced and licensed criminal defence lawyers have extensive experience in a number of areas including:
- Drunk Driving
- Domestic Assault or Assault causing bodily harm
- Sexual Assault
- Fail to appear in the court
- Weapons offences
The fee depends on various factors like:
- Type of case
- Severity of the charges you are facing
- Notoriety or experience of the attorney
- Complexity of the legal issues
- Urgency of the legal matter
Depending on the case, criminal defence lawyers can charge a flat rate or hourly rate. For a better assessment of the quote, Dial (905)-668-9422.
During the initial consultation, we will
- listen carefully to everything you have to tell about your case;
- perform a detailed analysis of your case;
- check your criminal, educational, employment and life history; and
- provide you with all details regarding the court process, possible results, and options moving forward.
We will answer all of your questions about the criminal process so that you know what to expect in the future.
The amount of time varies widely from case to case. Some cases can be resolved in less than 4 to 6 months, but serious charges which require going to trial may take a year or more.
While your criminal defence attorney cannot always control the pace of the legal process, he or she can provide you with a rough estimate of the duration of your case.
Having an idea about the time frame will help you to prepare mentally for the difficult process ahead. If you have queries, feel free to call at (905)-668-9422. We will respond within 24 hours.